- Visual catalog of equipment with built-in online reservation system
- Shopping cart experience for simplified checkout of multiple items or passes
- Physical and digital passes/tickets to local museums and cultural institutions
- Equipment categories with distinct booking forms and lending rules
- Detailed internal service notes stored in item records
Event Calendars, Room Bookings, Library of Things Lending, Museum Passes - LibCal does it all, and more!
Fully Featured Calendaring Platform
LibCal provides the tools you need to coordinate the where, when, what, and who. Its distinct modules create an integrated calendaring platform designed to handle any and all calendaring needs.
- Unlimited events/registration forms
- Automated notification/reminder emails
- Granular access permissions to calendars and bookings
- Online appointments & events integration with MS Teams, Zoom, or Cisco Webex
- Custom patron access permissions via LibAuth
- Secure online billing for rental/booking charges
- Widgets to showcase your events, appointments, and spaces
An Integrated Platform for
All Your Calendaring Needs
Centralize the management of your opening hours with department-level granularity. Use widgets and APIs to share location hours to all your digital touchpoints. Reuse templates across locations, add holiday exceptions, weekend hours, etc.
Make it easy for patrons to schedule research appointments or consultations with your team. Support for online or in person appointments. 2-way sync with Outlook, Google Calendar, and LibStaffer to block off unavailable times.
All LibCal booking modules and event calendars are fully mobile-friendly. Patrons can register for events, or book spaces, equipment, and consultations from their mobile devices. LibCal makes booking on the go a breeze!
Lend Equipment, Museum & Zoo Passes, and More
LibCal's Lending Hub module is designed to handle unconventional collections of all shapes and sizes. Establish a lending program for equipment, technology and makerspace tools, Library of Things collections, and museum passes and tickets, giving your users even more reasons to use, enjoy, and appreciate your library's offerings.
Standard Lending Hub Features:
Space & Seat Booking Made Easy
- Manage, communicate, and mediate your library spaces and individual seats
- Patrons can book and check-in on mobile devices or smart panels outside the library spaces
- Optionally charge for room usage or collect overdue fines
- Set customizable booking rules and limits for Spaces & Seats
- Customizable booking forms for different categories of Spaces & Seats
Book Spaces via Interactive Maps
- Attractive visual interface for navigating library spaces
- Informational hotspots show more information about points on the map
- Nested maps allow for additional wayfinding flexibility
- Customizable color coding indicates real-time space availability
- Desktop and mobile-friendly navigation interface
- Heatmaps show utilization of spaces or bookable seats
Tablet & Smartlock Integration
- Display full space information and details on wall-mounted tablets
- Browse availability and book rooms on the spot via tablet
- Check-in/check-out functionality available
- Interation with smartlocks fully automates the booking experience
- Scan a QR code for each space for easy booking on mobile devices
Event Calendars and Attendee Management
Event Types & Calendars
Customize tags according to various event types, and even create multiple calendars for different branches - or different audience types. LibCal provides the ultimate flexibility regarding organizing and promoting your library events.
Registrations and Attendee Management
Set registration limits for events and LibCal can automatically manage wait-lists. You can send post event communication and surveys, while attendee statistics provide useful feedback on your event programming strategies.
Event Widgets & APIs
Use LibCal event widgets to promote events programming on any webpage outside of LibCal. Read & write APIs let you integrate events into your mobile app, as well.
Powerful Reporting & Statistics
We regularly add new reporting capabilities to further enhance LibCal's statistics package. We know our libraries love statistics, so we are constantly improving the statistics and analytics features of our tools.
Integrated Payments Functionality & Advanced APIs
If you charge for events, space, or equipment rentals, LibCal makes it easy to collect payments quickly and securely during the registration or booking process. LibCal also lets you record in-person payments, track refunds, and view outstanding payments.
LibCal features full API functionality with both read and write APIs. Many LibCal institutional customers use the read/write APIs to write custom user interface for bookings or for seamless integration of events and space bookings into the library's mobile app.
Ready for the Next Steps?
LibCal has wide-ranging calendaring and booking functionality that every library can use. We'd love to show you how LibCal can help your library with calendaring and booking services.